Friday 2 March 2018

volunteering

This morning, I led my first two tours as a volunteer exhibition interpreter at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art. I am happy they went very well. The kids enjoyed being there, shared thoughts and observations, and I had a good time too. For many of the children this was their first visit to an art museum.
I am patting myself on the back, because the experience was proceeded by 5 months of training, shadowing other interpreters and attending many meetings. I am not at all confident in my abilities, except in the skill of making mistakes of all kinds, but it is rather sad when lack of confidence prevents you from serving, sharing and participating. So, I have decided to not let fear stop me from trying new things.
As how strange it is to be sharing this with everybody and nobody...I don't know if it is right or wrong. I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment