Wednesday 4 April 2018

shaka shaka and drawings



The idea not to take my diary for the trip was BAD! I wasted several hours rewriting everything. Except the last bit. It will just have to live as an unconnected piece. There!



A drawing by Zachary. Maybe it looked better before I colored it? I did it in such a hurry...without thinking ...

Today I colored two small drawings of a terracotta bullfrog, made while waiting to be seated  at a Mexican restaurant somewhere in Utah. I liked the bright colors in themselves. The floral ornaments were dominating or competing/breaking the frog's shape. This isn't usually a good characteristic for a piece of art or any object, but the redeeming quality was that it was funny.



This is how I start and where I usually want to stop.


I hate having to lose the vibrancy of the colors for the forms' sake..


Out of shape. I am able to record just bits.




 I like the above drawing though.







Rumi drew this when she had fever. I am such a fan of hers. Do you notice how every plant has a different line characteristic?


 Zachary's drawings have other qualities.




I threw this sad doodle away.

No comments:

Post a Comment